Maxi Scooter Forum

Hello and Congratulations

GeezyRider

Hello and Congratulations
« on: June 26, 2017, 03:33:55 AM »
Hi from the Delaware Seashore and congratulations on your new Maxi Scoots Forum. 

I ride a 2009 Honda Silverwing and, as my username suggests, I'm no spring chicken.  Best wishes for an interesting, informative and successful forum.
Don

CROSSBOLT

Re: Hello and Congratulations
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »
Joined the rest of the geezers, didja? Welcome! SW has been quite popular and ya can't kill a Honda!

Karl

RCN

• Administrator
  • My Ride: Kymco 400i
  • Chance favours the prepared mind
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 04:13:12 AM »
Hi from the Delaware Seashore and congratulations on your new Maxi Scoots Forum. 

I ride a 2009 Honda Silverwing and, as my username suggests, I'm no spring chicken.  Best wishes for an interesting, informative and successful forum.
A very warm welcome Don  :)
Silverwing! Awesome. I have to say out of all the Maxi scooters out there the SW to me looks the most comfortable. I don't know why more manufacturers don't follow suit with that seat design.
Anyway hope you enjoy the forum

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 06:48:08 AM »
Welcome Geezyrider! The Silver Wing is on my short list for my next ride. Glad to have you hear sir!!

GeezyRider

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  The Silver Wing was a lucky find for me.  A couple of years ago a friend of mine (he's in his eighties and still riding!) had a Honda Shadow and the SWing.  For some reason he wanted to sell the SWing and keep the Shadow.  He made my day with a great deal.  And the bike only had 4k miles on it so it was barely broken in.  And yes, the seat is one of the most comfortable I've ridden.

I hope I can ride it for a couple more years before it gets too heavy for me to move around in the garage and other tight spots.
Don

scooterwolf

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »
Welcome, Geezyrider. Sounds like you're not too far from me as I'm in South Jersey across the river from Philly.

- Wolf

GeezyRider

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:27:45 PM »
Welcome, Geezyrider. Sounds like you're not too far from me as I'm in South Jersey across the river from Philly.

- Wolf

Howdy neighbor!
Don

The following users thanked this post: scooterwolf

Suds

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:07:57 AM »
Hey geezy you can always join me and the sidecar inmates and never worry about
That instability issue.12yrs.ago I built my first hack and have had nothing but fun
And pleasure riding them.i switched to the 650 Bergman when my legs objected to
Shifting.the berg has more than enough power for me and any combination with two up plus the chair loaded with kids and dogs.regards,suds.