Maxi Scooter Forum

Which oil is best for scooters

RCN

• Administrator
  • My Ride: Kymco 400i
  • Chance favours the prepared mind
Which oil is best for scooters
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
SO this question comes up a lot. What is the best oil for our cherished machines.

There are some obvious variables for example where you live and the climate but beyond that what are people`s thoughts?

Also, does it come into play what size engine you have. Is the perfect oil for a 650 not so good for a 300 etc etc.

Please discuss.....

CROSSBOLT

Re: Which oil is best for scooters
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:50:11 AM »
Any oil is better than NO OIL!

Karl

RCN

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
Any oil is better than NO OIL!
Hahaha! Good point.

I`m going for Shell Advance 4T 10W 40 as its available in PH and has a good rep

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:25:13 AM »
The most important thing is no matter what oil is used, that it is changed regularly per the maintenance schedule. That being said, I use Shell Rotella T6 5w40. Its good oil at a good price.

CROSSBOLT

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »
Personally, I have been using Mobil 0 w 40 synthetic for a couple of years now. Used to use Castrol synthetic 'for that.

Karl

RCN

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 05:32:56 AM »
Whatever oil I use, I like to keep it identical throughout ownership.

With that in mind in the Philippines it's always worth seeing what it readily available in a few different stores because things seem to take a long time to come back on the shelves over there. We are really spoiled in UK and USA with availability.

de dee

• My Ride: 2017 Piaggio BV 350 sport ABS/ASR
  • lacjgoulet@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
The most important thing is no matter what oil is used, that it is changed regularly per the maintenance schedule. That being said, I use Shell Rotella T6 5w40. Its good oil at a good price.

new scoot,   2016 Piaggio b v 350 sport    3 rd. oil change soon , I use shell rotella 5 w 40 all-so, I have tried Tungsten disulfide powder in my downtown 300 and it seems to work very well, going to try it in my Piaggio 350 motor only as it has a wet clutch, 
de dee

de dee

• My Ride: 2017 Piaggio BV 350 sport ABS/ASR
  • lacjgoulet@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 05:33:40 AM »
  I just passed 8400 Km.  and I installed tungsten disulfide powder in the oil,  shook it well, pored it in and rode for 200 Km. first thing I noticed is my gas mileage got better,  it runs very smooth,  now all I want is the good weather , no more rain and snow this year,.    I would like to take a ride trip to N.C. and check out the dragons tale mountain,.   to see if it is the same as the rocky mountains,  back home, Calgary to Vancover, 
de dee