Maxi Scooter Forum

Greetings From Minnesota

Dale N

Greetings From Minnesota
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »
Hi All,
My name is Dale and I ride a 2008 Honda Silverwing Trike. I had it converted over the winter and really like it.
I'll be 72 in July. How's that saying go? "If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself"? YUP.
I was married for 47 1/2 years. My wife passed away almost 5 years ago. I don't know how she did it but she put up with my warped sense of humor for that long. Maybe it was my handsome great looks that kept her around that long... Or Not.
I've had several bikes over the years and we took two trips to FL on a couple of them. The first trip was on a 74 Honda CB750. The second trip was on an 80 Yamaha XS-850. Both trips went real well and it was back far enough where we were younger and more able to handle the long rides. We didn't have any break downs on either trip and they were both fun as heck. We'd ride during the day and stop to see whatever we wanted then get a room for the night. No reservations, just ride until we saw a motel for the night.
Sometimes I swear I can still feel her on the back of my SWing. I ask if she's enjoying the ride and haven't gotten hit in the back of the head yet. So I guess she still likes riding with me.
I was a truck driver for 36 1/2 years and have been retired for 10 years now. At least I got to spend the last few years of my wife's life with her and I thank God for that.
That's about it I guess.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:47:04 AM by Dale N »

scooterwolf

Re: Greetings From Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:19:12 AM »
Hey Dale,

Great intro. Welcome to the forum.

- Wolf

Dale N

Re: Greetings From Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome scooterwolf.