Maxi Scooter Forum

Scooter ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Jimz

Scooter ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:42 AM »
Rode the Silverwing from Cincinnati, Ohio across Rt. 50 to Front Royal Va., and then along Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway to North Carolina and Tn. before taking the interstate back north to Cincinnati. Just saying these Maxi scoots are more than capable for the long ride.

The following users thanked this post: Obxncbbay

Obxncbbay

Re: Scooter ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »
Rode the Silverwing from Cincinnati, Ohio across Rt. 50 to Front Royal Va., and then along Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway to North Carolina and Tn. before taking the interstate back north to Cincinnati. Just saying these Maxi scoots are more than capable for the long ride.

I live in Coastal NC on the Pamlico River near Bath, NC. I have a 2009 650 Suzuki Burgman which I’ve owned since new. I do most of my riding near the coast but I have been riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway on bikes most of my life (60 now). I had several mid size bikes when young, like a 1975 Yamaha RD 350, 1978 Yamaha 650, etc, up through many Harleys and V-twin customs during my military and subsequent careers. After a career ending back injury I began riding smaller scooters to get back on two wheels. A Honda 250 Helix then a Honda 250 Reflex. I enjoyed them so much that in 2009 I bought a new 650 Burgman. I’ve had it since with very few problems. I enjoy touring on the Burgman much more than I did my older (1970 and 1980’s) Harley Shovelheads as well as one Honda 1800 GW. It was wonderful on the Interstate but I found myself standing on tip toes when stopped and I am 5’ 11”. The Burgman is much more comfortable in town and on shorter trips.
So I agree 100 % that “these Maxi scoots are more than capable for the long ride.”!!

scooterwolf

Re: Scooter ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:36:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and the club. Scooters, and Maxis in particular, are great alternatives to a new car and bigger (and sometimes more expensive) cruisers.

- Wolf